Skip to content
Wheels of Motor | Auto News, Car & Bike Reviews, New Car & Bike Launches
Home » Topics » Wheels of Motor Forum » Pune – Kolhapur – Goa : Route Queries

Pune – Kolhapur – Goa : Route Queries

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      G Rock
      Participant

I am driving Pune – Kolhapur – Goa, very soon. Please guide me on which root is best and other needed details to visit Goa.

Gireesh
      Keymaster

Best time to take a road trip by car
      If you are planning to visit Goa road trip, December and January are considered the best time to visit Goa and also these are the busiest months. During December and January, it is highly recommended that you must make bookings in advance otherwise you won’t get any hotels. If you are among those who wants to avoid the crowd, then visit Goa in February, June or in October. Monsoons are also a great time to visit Goa. Even though an off-season, Goa looks stunning during monsoons. You will not find any crowd in Goa during this time and in the off-season, you will get hotels at dirt cheap prices.

I have recently travelled to Goa and I used 2 routes.

• Pune — Kolhapur — Gadhinghlaj — Amboli — Sawantwadi — Mapusa — Goa(Panaji) — Margoa

Pune to Kolhapur road condition is best. After that road condition is quit good but you have to keep your car between 40 – 50 kph. Amboli  ghat is quit easy when you are going to Kolhapur to Goa, but I will suggest beginner to avoid this when you returning from Goa. Don’t drive it at night.

For normal fuel you will get it anywhere on road. But CNG after Pune you will get it at near Khed-Shivapur, Kolhapur, Panaji, Margoa. For Electric cars After Pune, you will get chance to charge it at Kolhapur and after that in Goa only.

•  Goa — Mollem — Ramnagar — Khanapur  — Belgaum — Sankeshwar — Nipani — Kolhapur — Satara — Pune

Ghat after Mollem is quit good and not that much danger you will enjoy it. Don’t take shortcut to Khanapur   from Akheti — Rangarook — Shiroli — Khanapur . The road is very bad and its Jungle / Forest area. Traffic is very low and you will never get help if your car breakdown.  Better you take  Mollem — Ramnagar — Khanapur  way only. After Khanapur road is too good and you will love to drive car till Pune.

You will get CNG station at Margoa, Panaji, Belgaum, near Khed-Shivapur and finally in Pune also 🙂

Its a very long drive and you have to be care full. Read this article to get long drive tips

Also follow below points for safe driving

• Don’t Speed
      • don’t try to Overtake much
      • Keep a Safe Distance
      • don’t drink and drive/ride
      • Stay alert
      • If tired then don’t hesitate to take rest.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.